How does a Single-member LLC file extension on their taxes?
1.4k views | Last modified 6/23/2020 1:36:02 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

Single-member LLCs are considered as a disregarded entity by the IRS and they are taxed as a sole proprietorship for federal tax purposes. They can elect to be taxed as either C corporation or S Corporation or continue to remain as a disregarded entity.

Here is how a Single-member LLC files an extension:

  • Log in to ExpressExtension.
  • Click Create Business Tax Extension (Form 7004) on the dashboard.
  • Enter the business details and click Next
  • Select the Business Entity Type as Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  • If your LLC is elected to be taxed as Corporation, select Multi-Member/Single Member LLC as a Corporation. Otherwise, you need to file Form 4868
  • Select the form to extend (For C Corporation, choose Form 1120 and for S Corporation, choose Form 1120S) and click Next.
  • Enter the Tax Year and the Tentative Tax and complete the form.

Once filling all the details, review the form, make a payment, and transmit the extension.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]