How do I e-file Form 8868 with ExpressExtension?
1.3k views |
Last modified 3/14/2023 4:27:29 AM EST |
Added by ExpressExtension Team
7004 4868 8868 8809
Form 8868 is used to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file its return. E-filing IRS Form 8868 with ExpressExtension is the quickest and easiest way to file your tax extension.
Follow the steps below to e-file Form 8868 with Expressextension:
- Create an account or log in to your existing ExpressExtension account
- Click “Start New Exempt Tax Extension (Form 8868)” to begin filing your extension.
- Enter the Organization details, including the IRS tax form for which you’re requesting an extension, and click ‘Next’.
- Choose the organization's tax year - Calendar Tax Year (or) Fiscal/Short Tax Year. Choose a reason if it’s a short tax year (less than 12 months).
- Enter the Tentative Tax and Payments details.
- If you owe tax to the IRS, choose your preferred method for making your IRS payment- EFW or EFTPS.
- Review the summary of the information you provided regarding your organization.
- Enter the credit card details.
Click the green button to pay our filing fee and transmit Form 8868 to the IRS.
Once you successfully transmit the IRS form 8868 to the IRS, you can check the status of your form from your dashboard. If the IRS rejects your form for any reason, we will send you an e-mail with further information. You can re-transmit rejected form with ExpressExtension at no additional charge.