Which form should I file for my business extension using Form 7004?
492 views | Last modified 2/23/2021 12:51:44 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

There are 33 different IRS returns that can have their filing deadlines extended using Form 7004. The form to file depends on your Business Entity Type. The extension period varies depending on the return you file or when your tax year ends.  Among these returns, the most filed business tax forms are 1120S, 1065, and 1120.

Business Entity Type could be either of the following:

  • Corporation (Including S-Corp)
  • Partnership
  • Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  • Trusts
  • Estates
  • Others

When you file your business extension Form 7004 with Express Extension and are not sure on which tax form to choose among the 33 different returns, a What Form to File wizard is available in the application flow that will help you choose the right form.  

What form to file

For instance, if your Business Entity Type is Limited Liability Company (LLC), the forms listed based on whether you choose Multi-member/Single Member LLC as a Corporation (or) Multi-member LLC as a Partnership.  Single Member LLC as a disregarded entity must choose Form 4868 to extend.

Likewise, whether the Business Entity Type is Partnership, Corporation, Trusts, Estates, or Others, you choose from a filtered list and proceed to file the extension. It's that simple!

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]