What should I do if the IRS rejects my extension?
88 views | Last modified 3/12/2021 3:42:37 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

If the IRS rejects it, you can correct and retransmit it at free of cost. In case, the IRS rejects your return and now it is past the filing due date, you are given 5 calendar days to correct and retransmit it to still considered timely filed.

Here's how you can correct and retransmit your rejected extension:

  • Log in to your account.
  • On the dashboard, under Business Extensions - Form 7004, identify the rejected return.
  • Click the Rejected by the IRS button, you can find the list of errors associated with the return.
  • Click the Fix Me button against the error code.  Please find and resolve the common IRS rejection error codes by clicking here.
  • Click the Transmit button.

Once you transmit, we'll keep you informed on the return status when we hear back from the IRS. For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS EIN Hotline at 1-800-829-4933.

Was this helpful? Yes No


File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 support@expressextension.com