What are the ways to find the prior year's Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)?
324 views | Last modified 3/13/2023 4:29:28 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

As part of the verification process for EFW payment, the primary tax filer's prior year Adjusted Gross Income (AIG) or PIN is required.  If filing jointly, the spouse's prior year AGI or PIN is required. If they don't match with the IRS records, your extension request will be rejected by the IRS.

Here's how you can find the prior year's AGI:

  1. On your prior-year tax return, the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is on line 11 of Form 1040. You can also check with your tax preparer or sign in to the tax preparation software that you used last year to e-file your return.
  2. If you are a first-time filer over the age of 16, enter zero as your AGI. 
  3. Alternatively, methods if you do not have a copy of your tax return:
  •  Use a Get Transcript self-help tool to get the tax return transcript showing your AGI. You must pass the Secure Access identity verification process. 
  • Use the Get Transcript by Mail or call 800-908-9946 if you cannot pass Secure Access and need to request a tax return transcript. Please allow 5 to 10 days for delivery.

For more information on finding prior-year AGI, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]