I am married filing 1040 jointly and want to request an extension. Do we need to file for the extension separately?
66 views | Last modified 3/6/2020 8:36:55 AM EST

No. If you are married filing jointly, you file one extension form 4868, just like the individual tax return. However, if you are married, and your spouse is filing a separate extension be sure to include the total tax paid on both extension on the joint 1040 Form.

Related Questions

Was this helpful? Yes No


File your Extension in minutes &
get instant IRS approval!

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

803.514.5155 support@expressextension.com