What if I cannot pay the complete balance due while filing an extension?
94 views | Last modified 4/2/2020 12:56:36 PM EST

If you cannot pay the complete balance due amount you owe to the IRS, you can still get the extension. But make sure to pay as much as you can to limit the amount of interest you will owe. Also, you may be charged the late payment penalty on the unpaid tax from the regular due date of your return.

Si no puede pagar el saldo total adeudado al IRS, aún puede obtener la extensión. Pero asegúrese de pagar todo lo que pueda para limitar la cantidad de intereses que deberá. Además, es posible que se le cobre la multa por pago tardío del impuesto no pagado desde la fecha de vencimiento normal de su declaración.

Was this helpful? Yes No


File your Extension in minutes &
get instant IRS approval!

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

803.514.5155 support@expressextension.com