Is there a change in the Form 1120 filing deadline? How do I extend my filing date?
1.4k views | Last modified 4/2/2024 2:13:54 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

There has been no change in the filing due date. As usual, the IRS has provided a deadline of April 15 for C corporation taxpayers to file their income tax returns (1120) and pay taxes without incurring any penalties or interest. For S Corp and partnership calendar year tax return filers, the deadline to file is March 15.

For fiscal year taxpayers ending June 30, due by the 15th day of the 3rd month after the end of the entity’s tax year, that is, September 15

If you anticipate a situation wherein you can't file your tax return on time, filing a request for an extension would be the ideal option. You can file your business tax extension Form 7004 by the regular due date of the return and get an automatic 6-month extension of time to file. For C-corporation, the extended due date is October 15. If you are an S corporation or partnership that successfully filed for an extension, your extended due date will be September 15.

By filing form 7004, C corporations with tax years ending June 30 are eligible for an automatic extension period of seven months.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]