I need to file an Extension. What form should I choose?
877 views |
Last modified 3/3/2023 5:08:39 AM EST |
Added by ExpressExtension Team
7004 4868 8868 8809
The extension form you need to choose depends on whether you are an individual, business, or exempt organization.
- If you are an individual who needs an extension of time to file a personal tax return, choose Form 4868 to file an extension.
- If your business is recognized as one of the following.
- Multi-member LLC as Corporation
- Multi-member LLC as Partnership
- Trust, Estates, and Others that need more time to file your business tax returns should choose Form 7004 to file an extension. The exception to certain businesses taxed as single-member LLC as a disregarded entity must choose Form 4868 to file an extension.
- If you are an Exempt organization that needs an extension of time to file an Exempt organization return, choose Form 8868 to file an extension.
- If you need an extension of time to file your Information Returns, choose Form 8809 to file your extension.