How do I e-file Form 7004 with ExpressExtension?
2.9k views | Last modified 3/13/2024 3:23:11 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

ExpressExtension supports Form 7004, which can be filed by the following types of businesses: 

  • C-Corporations
  • S-Corporations
  • Partnerships
  • Multi-member LLC as Corporation
  • Multi-member LLC as Partnership
  • Trust, Estates, and Others

Follow the instructions below to e-file your Form 7004 with ExpressExtension: 

  1. Create an account or log in to your existing ExpressExtension account
  2. Click ‘Create Business Tax Extension (Form 7004)’ on the dashboard.

3. Enter the business details on the following screen. After providing the information, click the ‘Next’ button.

  • If you've already filed an extension with us earlier, choose a business from the drop-down list to auto-fill in the details.
  • If you’re filing with us for the first time, enter the business and contact information.

4. Select the business tax return that you want to request an extension of time to file with the IRS. If you’re unsure which business tax return to choose, click the ‘What business return should I file extension for ?’ link for assistance to choose the correct tax return. Upon selecting the required options, click 'Next'.

5. Select the Tax Year - Calendar Tax Year (or) Fiscal/Short Tax Year. Choose a reason if it’s a short tax year (less than 12 months).

6. Select whether you owe taxes to the IRS for the year or not. 

  • If you owe taxes, enter the estimated payment and any payments made towards the taxes and click ‘Next.’

7. Review IRS Form 7004 by clicking 'Review' button. 

8. Click 'Pay and Transmit' to pay our filing fee and transmit the extension form to the IRS. 

Once you successfully transmit your return to the IRS, you can check the status of your return from your dashboard. If the IRS rejects your return for any reason, we will send you an e-mail with further information. You can re-transmit rejected returns with ExpressExtension at no additional charge.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]