What should I do if the IRS rejects my extension?
367 views | Last modified 11/6/2022 11:50:25 PM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

When the IRS rejects your transmitted return, you can correct and retransmit it at free of cost through ExpressExtension. In case, you've timely filed an electronic federal tax extension form and the IRS rejects it, you have five-day calendar days to correct and resubmit that extension for electronic re-transmission to be still considered timely filed by the IRS.  

Here's how you can correct and retransmit your rejected extension:

  • Log in to your account.
  • On the dashboard, choose the extension form that you've filed, identify the rejected return.
  • Click the Rejected by the IRS button, you can find the list of errors associated with the return.
  • Click the Fix Me button against the error code.  You can find and resolve the common IRS rejection error codes by clicking here.
  • Click the Transmit button once you've fixed the error.

Once you transmit, we'll keep you informed on the return status when we hear back from the IRS. For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS EIN Hotline at 1-800-829-4933.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]