Can I file an extension for my LLC?
2.1k views | Last modified 3/12/2024 10:15:38 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

Yes, you can file an extension for LLC to extend your business tax filing deadline. The extension form you need to file depends on how your LLC is treated for tax purposes.

Multi-member LLCs will need to file Form 7004 to request an extension. This includes:

  • Multi-member LLCs treated as Corporations (1120)
  • Multi-member LLCs treated as S-Corporations (1120-S)
  • Multi-member LLCs treated as Partnerships (1065)

Single-member LLCs (Sole Proprietors) will need to file Form 4868 to request an extension.

For step-by-step instructions on filing an extension for your LLC, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]