How do I file an extension for my LLC?
3.7k views |
Last modified 3/3/2023 2:44:09 AM EST |
Added by ExpressExtension Team
To file an extension for your LLC through ExpressExtension, follow the steps below:
- Create an account in ExpressExtensin or Log in to your existing ExpressExtension account.
- Click Start New Business Tax Extension (Form 7004) on the dashboard.
- Enter the business details and click Next.
- Select the business tax return that you want to request an extension of time to file with the IRS. If you’re unsure which business tax return to choose, click the ‘What business return should I file extension for?’ link for assistance in choosing the correct tax return.
- Select your business entity as a Limited Liability Company (LLC) and choose how your business has elected to be taxed- Multi-Member/Single Member LLC as a Corporation, or Multi-Member LLC as a Partnership, or Single Member LLC as a sole proprietor (disregarded entity) and we will suggest you the return to be filed.
- Choose the return to extend (For C Corporation, choose Form 1120, for S Corporation, choose Form 1120S and for Partnership, choose Form 1065) and click confirm.
- Select the Tax Year - Calendar Tax Year (or) Fiscal/Short Tax Year. Choose a reason if it’s a short tax year (less than 12 months).
- Select whether or not you owe taxes to the IRS for the year. If you owe taxes, enter the estimated payment and any payments made towards the taxes and click ‘Next’.
- Choose your preferred method for making your IRS payment- EFW or EFTPS.
- Review IRS Form 7004.
- Pay our filing fee and continue to transmit the extension form to the IRS.
Once you successfully transmit your return to the IRS, you can check the status of your return from your dashboard. If the IRS rejects your return for any reason, we will send you an e-mail with further information. You can re-transmit rejected returns with ExpressExtension at no additional charge.