[E-file Error Code R0000-906-02] How do I resolve it?
3.7k views |
Last modified 5/6/2021 2:16:57 AM EST |
Added by ExpressExtension Team
IRS Error Code R0000-906-02
The Routing Transit Number (RTN) in the extension filed is invalid. Check with your bank.
What does it mean?
The routing transit number of the bank that you have entered in the extension filed is invalid. Check with your bank for the correct routing transit number.
You need to correct the bank routing number and re-transmit your extension. The bank routing number must be 9 digits, and the first two digits will be between 01 to 12 or 21 to 32.
Here's how you correct the bank routing number:
- Log in to your account.
- On the dashboard, under Exempt Org Extensions - Form 8868, identify the rejected return.
- Click the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return, you can find the list of errors associated with the return.
- Click the Fix Me button against the error code R0000-906-02.
- You'll land on the IRS payment options page. Under Electronic Funds Withdrawal correct the bank routing number.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS. For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.