I have paid my business's estimated tax due by the regular due date of the state income tax return. However, I need more time to file my state’s business tax return. Do I need to file an extension?
395 views | Last modified 3/17/2023 3:41:43 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Each state has its own filing requirements. Some states, including  Alabama, Hawaii, California, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, Utah, and Virginia, offer automatic extensions to file your state income tax return without having to file any additional forms if paid tax due for the taxable year by the original due date for filing the return. 

While other states, like Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Rhode Island, and Texas, require you to file an extension form to get more time to file your state’s business tax return, regardless of whether you owe taxes or not.

Whether your tax situation is simple or complicated, ExpressExtension is here to help you find the state information required to file your tax extension successfully. 

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]