I know my prior year PIN or AGI entered was correct, but the IRS rejected my return. What should I do now?
198 views | Last modified 4/19/2023 7:42:10 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

If you believe that the prior year PIN or AGI entered was correct, you should contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. But before reaching out to the IRS, make sure you have the following information on hand.

  • Submission ID: This is a twenty-digit identifier for your electronically filed tax return that can be found in the rejection email you received, 
  • Electronic postmark- It is the actual date and time (as per your timezone) when the extension is electronically transmitted to the IRS. 

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]