I am married filing 1040 jointly and want an extension. Do we need to file for extension separately?
1.1k views | Last modified 3/7/2023 1:35:51 AM EST

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

No. If you are married and filing jointly, you can file one extension form 4868, just like the individual tax return. However, if you are married and your spouse is filing a separate extension form, be sure to include the total tax paid on both extensions on the joint 1040 Form.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]