I have filed the extension with incorrect information. Can I cancel and retransmit it again?
386 views | Last modified 3/10/2023 6:19:35 AM EST

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

No, once you’ve transmitted the return to the IRS, you cannot change any information in the form unless the IRS rejects the same.

Upon rejection of your extension request by the IRS, you can go back correct the information, and retransmit your extension form at no additional cost.

That's why we strongly recommend you review the summary of the information you provided to identify any errors before you submit them.



Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]