Do I need last year's AGI to e-file my extension Form 4868?
483 views | Last modified 3/10/2023 6:24:36 AM EST

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

Yes, to e-file your extension form 4868, the IRS requires you to provide the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from your previous year's return as a form of identification for e-filing - it is not needed to mail your extension. 

An incorrect AGI will result in a tax return rejection by the IRS and/or state tax agency. 

To find your Previous year’s AGI, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]