I am a tax professional. The IRS has rejected my client’s business tax extension with the error code: F7004-011-03. How do I resolve it?
4.1k views | Last modified 5/6/2021 4:04:06 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

IRS Error Code [F7004-011-03]:

Taxpayer EIN in the Return Header must not be the same as an EIN of a previously accepted electronic return for the return type and tax period and Type of Return Code indicated for the tax return type.

Rejection Message: The IRS has already received a request for an extension for this EIN filed by you or in some cases by your client. 

What does it mean: Check whether an extension has already been filed for this EIN. Or, the other possibility would be to verify if you have provided this EIN for another business. In such a case, this would have been a duplicate return if the other business has filed a request for an extension.

Resolution: To check if a request for an extension has been filed for this EIN. If not, you can correct the EIN, and re-transmit the extension.

Here's how you correct the EIN in your return:

  1. Log in to your account.
  2. On the dashboard, under Business Extensions - Form 7004, identify the rejected return. Then, click the Rejected by the IRS button found against it.
  3. On the errors page, click the Fix Me button against the error code F7004-011-03.
  4. You'll land on the Business Details page. Here, you can correct the EIN.
  5. Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.

We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.

If the IRS still rejected your return even when the EIN and business name provided was correct, you may reach out to our support team with the below information for assistance:

  1. Owner Name
  2. Business Name
  3. Business Entity Type

For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS EIN Hotline at 1-800-829-4933.

Mensaje de rechazo: El IRS ya recibió una solicitud de extensión para este EIN presentada por usted o, en algunos casos, por su contador.

¿Qué significa? Compruebe si ya se ha presentado una extensión para este EIN. O bien, la otra posibilidad sería verificar si ha proporcionado este EIN para otro negocio. En cuyo caso, esto habría sido una devolución duplicada si la otra empresa hubiera presentado una solicitud de extensión.

Resolución: para verificar si se ha presentado una solicitud de extensión para este EIN. Si no, puede corregir el EIN y retransmitir la extensión.

Aqui esta cómo corrige el EIN en su declaración:

  1. Ingrese a su cuenta.
  2. En el panel, en Extensiones comerciales - Formulario 7004, identifique la devolución rechazada. Luego, haga clic en el botón Rechazado por el IRS que se encuentra en su contra.
  3. En la página de errores, haga clic en el botón Solucionarme contra el código de error F7004-011-03.
  4. Tu aterrice en la página Detalles del negocio. Aquí, puede corregir el EIN.
  5. Revise los detalles y haga clic en el botón Transmitir para retransmitir su declaración al IRS sin costo adicional.

Nosotras k le informamos sobre el estado de la devolución una vez que tengamos noticias del IRS.

Si el IRS aún rechazó su declaración incluso cuando el EIN y el nombre comercial proporcionados eran correctos, puede comunicarse con nuestro equipo de soporte con la siguiente información para obtener ayuda:

  1. Nombre del propietario
  2. Nombre de la empresa
  3. Tipo de entidad comercial

Para obtener más ayuda, le recomendamos que se comunique con la línea directa EIN del IRS al 1-800-829-4933.

El IRS ya recibió una solicitud de extensión para este EIN presentada por usted o, en algunos casos, por su contador.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]