My Business is recognized as a Partnership. What form should I choose to file for an extension?
1.2k views | Last modified 2/9/2024 8:26:46 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

If your business is recognized as a partnership, you can use the tax extension Form 7004 to request an extension of time to file Form 1065, the U.S. Return of Partnership Income, with the IRS.

Form 7004 must be filed on or before the Form 1065 deadline, which is the 15th day of the third month following the end of the business's tax year. Upon filing Form 7004, you can get an automatic extension of up to 6 months.

Also, if you are not sure about the business tax return you need to choose when filing an extension in ExpressExtension, you can use the inbuilt feature available in our application that will help you choose the right tax return based on your business entity type. Here we go:

  • Click the What business return should I file extension for? link for assistance in choosing the correct tax return to file an extension.

  • Select your business entity type as “Partnership” from the drop-down list, and we will suggest the business tax return you need to choose to file an extension for.

Choose the appropriate business tax return from the filtered list and click confirm to proceed to file the extension for that form. Doing so minimizes the chances of receiving a rejection from the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]