My Business is recognized as an S-Corporation. Which form should I file to request an extension?
657 views | Last modified 2/12/2024 8:02:07 AM EST | Added by ExpressExtension Team

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

If your business is recognized as an S-Corporation, you can use the tax extension Form 7004 to request an extension of time to file the S-Corporation Tax Form 1120-S, U.S. Income Tax Return, with the IRS.

Form 7004 must be filed on or before the Form 1120-S deadline, which is the 15th day of the third month following the end of the business's tax year. Upon filing Form 7004, you can get an automatic extension of up to 6 months.

Also, if you are not aware of which business tax return you need to choose when filing an extension in ExpressExtension, you can take advantage of the inbuilt feature available in our application that will help you choose the right tax return based on your business entity type. Here we go:

  • Click the “What business return should I file extension for?” link for assistance in choosing the correct tax return to file an extension.

  • Select your business entity type as “Corporation” from the drop-down list, and we will suggest the business tax return you need to choose to file an extension for.

  • Choose Form 1120-S -U.S. Income Tax Return for S corporation from the list and click confirm to proceed to file the extension for this business tax return. Doing so minimizes the chances of receiving a rejection from the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]