How do I e-file Form 4868 with ExpressExtension?
1.7k views |
Last modified 6/6/2023 2:52:13 AM EST
- Create an account or log in to your existing ExpressExtension account.
- Click ‘Start New Personal Tax Extension (Form 4868)' on the dashboard.
3. Select Extension Type- Single or Joint Filing
- If opted for joint filing, you need to enter your spouse's information along with the primary taxpayer information
4. Select whether or not you owe taxes to the IRS for the year.
- If you owe taxes, enter the estimated payment and any payments already made towards the taxes and click ‘Next’.
5. Choose your preferred method for making your IRS payment.
6. Review Form 4868
7. Pay our filing fee and click the green button to transmit to the IRS.
Once you successfully transmit your return to the IRS, you can check the status of your return from your dashboard. If the IRS rejects your return for any reason, we will send you an e-mail with further information. You can re-transmit rejected returns with ExpressExtension at no additional charge.