I do not have an SSN to file form 4868. What should I do?
1.6k views | Last modified 4/17/2023 10:16:42 PM EST

Applicable To
7004 4868 8868 8809

If you are a U.S. resident and do not have an SSN, you need to create one to file form 4868. If you are a non-U.S. citizen who doesn’t have and isn’t eligible to get an SSN, you can use an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to file your extension. If you don’t have an ITIN, enter “ITIN TO BE REQUESTED” wherever an SSN is requested."For more specific instructions, click here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File your Extension in minutes & get instant IRS approval!

Apply Extension Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(803) 514-5155 [email protected]