What are the common reasons for 7004 rejection?
2.6k views |
Last modified 6/22/2020 10:29:49 AM EST |
Added by ExpressExtension Team
7004 4868 8868 8809
Over several years, we have learned that the IRS rejects a 7004 extension for these common reasons. And, every rejection reason is identified through a unique error code:
- The tax form for which an extension is sought not appropriate with the type of business entity [F7004-905-03].
- For businesses whose accounting year is not the calendar year, the tax period end date does not match with IRS records [F7004-904-01].
- The IRS has already received a 7004 extension for the business and EIN [F7004-011-03].
- Extension has to be filed after the tax period end date [F7004-003-03].
- Your name control and TIN (EIN/SSN) does not match the IRS Records [R0000-901-01].